Decorating your home for Christmas is fun as you creatively arrange the tree, festive wreaths, colorful lights, and other ornaments. But many people spend so much time sprucing up their living room, dining room and entryway that they forget about the kitchen. As the heart of the home, the kitchen gets a lot of foot traffic, including when entertaining holiday party guests. So that your kitchen will have the same warm and cozy holiday feel as does the rest of your home, use these Christmas decorating tips from your friends at Willow Lane Cabinetry.
Table and Chairs
To put yourself into the holiday spirit before baking some delicious Christmas cookies, decorate your kitchen table first. Cover it with a festive red or green tablecloth and then accent it with napkins and placemats in contrasting colors like silver and gold. Other ways to transform your table include:
- Add a centerpiece with a Christmas floral arrangement surrounded by pinecones and white candles. Or, place some plants in red and white striped pots for a simple candy cane look.
- Use a cake stand to create a focal point that’s topped with candles, glassware, garland, and maybe even an old-fashioned wooden nutcracker.
- Put out a festive bowl filled with acorns, hot cocoa packets, dried fruit or cinnamon to introduce warmth.
And, don’t forget to spruce up your chairs. Attach elegant red ribbon, faux-fir tree branches, felt snowmen or small wreaths to the back of each one for that perfect holiday touch!
Open wall shelves afford you a plethora of holiday decorating possibilities. Here are some delightful ways to dress up yours:
- Use them to showcase your holiday plates, mugs and glassware, and drape some red, silver or green ribbon around those for effect.
- Cover your shelving with artificial pine or fir-tree branches and some Christmas lights. Then, add some leftover tree ornaments as an accent.
- Spread some glitter-covered pinecones around a small plastic Christmas tree with tiny fake presents and then add a gingerbread man or two.
- Display a Christmas nativity scene, angel figurines or other collectibles.
Cabinets and Countertops
Highlight your luxurious kitchen cabinetry by placing some Christmas decorations on the countertops. That could be anything from displaying festive potholders and dishtowels, to a holiday-themed cookie jar or mug filled with red and white striped straws. If you have open cabinets, utilize the space in the same way that you would for open wall shelves.
Create a festive holiday display on your kitchen island using:
- A gingerbread house
- Small faux Christmas tree surrounded by miniature presents
- White and silver candles surrounded by artificial Fraser fir branches
- Festive cookie jar or tin filled with Christmas cookies
- Fill a wicker basket with pinecones, nuts or Christmas candy and tie a red bow on the handle
For added warmth and ambiance, string some colorful holiday lights underneath the island’s countertop
Other Holiday Kitchen Decorating Ideas
No matter your kitchen’s décor, other eye-catching ways to decorate it for Christmas include:
- Hang fake snowflakes or wreaths in the windows.
- Put up some holiday-themed pictures.
- Add a Christmas area rug that complements your flooring.
- Dangle some star lights or holiday mugs from wall hooks to accent your backsplash.
- To reduce clutter, hang garland, mistletoe or other festive plants from the ceiling
FREE Online Room Designers Available All Year Long
At Willow Lane Cabinetry, we wish you and yours a safe and joyous holiday season. If you need some professional design advice for an upcoming custom kitchen makeover, contact one of our FREE room designers. Our design pros not only have the inspiring ideas you need to bring your exciting project to life, they will work with you when you have the time. If you’re looking for some top-quality custom kitchen products, we offer handcrafted kitchen cabinetry, professionally installed countertops, flooring, sinks, backsplashes, kitchen islands and a whole lot more.
And, not only do our prices typically beat the big box stores, for your added convenience Willow Lane Cabinetry will deliver your luxurious custom kitchen supplies right to your door! To get started with one of our FREE design experts now, or to browse our amazing selection of contractor-trusted home remodeling products, please visit us at: www.willowlanecabinetry.com.